We have created a new dedicated online store, which was awarded by experts in a competition E-commerce Polska Awards 2022 in the “Best on mobile” category.
Street fashion – The most popular brands in one place
The UrbanCity brand was established in 2008 and from the very beginning was aimed at a group of young recipients. Products from over 100 manufacturers sold on one trading platform. The wide offer includes: women’s and men’s clothing, music, books, accessories.
This Wrocław-based online store is known among its customers as a leading brand on the domestic market of the hip hop and art scene.
The brand already had its own online store, but needed a more modern and user-friendly tool. The more so that most of them buy only using mobile phones. During the pre-implementation analysis, we had the opportunity to learn about the key processes implemented on the side of the store operator. This is where the history of the product is created, which is presented on the Urbancity.pl website. From the moment of taking care of the product (care for every detail), which is carefully measured, described and photographed in our own photo studio. Added to the store with a defined number of items in stock and an addressed place where it is stored until the moment of sale. We could observe the very efficient work of the warehouse staff, dealing with a very large number of orders, without having any major automation. The effect of the analyzes was to propose the implementation of a new store based on the dedicated Cartalo e-commerce system.
What we did?
The UrbanCity store operates on the Cartalo system. The new platform is the use of a clear division already on the home page. Users are directed to an offer dedicated to women or men. The system used is characterized by intuitive navigation and simplicity in navigating it. This was particularly important after analyzing the distribution of traffic on the website, where we can see that nearly 90% of users use mobile devices. The dedicated Cartalo e-commerce system gives you the opportunity to regularly expand the website with new functionalities – in each sprint there are new solutions that facilitate the store’s customers and its operation. We continue development work as part of post-implementation care, providing the client with extended support with a high SLA.
- warehouse application – a system for picking orders for employees.
- Warehouse view – to manage the offer in terms of dynamic, mass change of product inventory.
- Automation of fiscalization – exchange of sales data, automatically issued invoices and receipts.
- Product return system – accelerated the whole process, making it much more efficient.
- Integration with the warehouse and accounting system.
- Configurator of discount codes that allows you to create percentage, amount and free delivery discounts as well as promotions for groups or categories.
- An extensive promotion configurator that allows the implementation of many dependencies, which trigger additional discounts.
- Integrations with logistics operators and payment operators. Integrations with tools for sending newsletters.
- A number of integrations with social media.
- Integration with the Baselinker system.
Possibility of using many product lockers for logged in users, from which they can easily move all products to the basket.
In 2022, the project gained a jury of independent experts in the e-commerce industry and received a statuette in the E-commerce Polska Awards competition in the Best on mobile category.
We’ve built an effective relationship
We are pleased with the cooperation with Media4U. We received a full tool that allowed us to improve processes in the field of logistics, warehousing and order processing. We wanted simple applications, friendly for UrbanCity employees. The Media4U agency met our expectations by offering a modern application to improve the quality of work. Thanks to it, we were able to resign from manually adding receipts, introducing their automation. In our relationship with the client, we focused on an application dedicated to young users who value quick and convenient shopping, with an emphasis on mobile devices that dominate this age group.
more in-store transactions
increase in mobile transactions (May 2022 vs May 2021)
average monthly number of users on the site
It’s your move nowFree Quote